Opening the Poll
There are two methods to open the poll:
- In the user's browser
- Embedded in your app or website
Open Poll in Web Browser
When you open the poll in the user's browser,
our responsive web app will be styled to match your brand
with your logo on the top and a URL like
so that users will still feel like they are on your platform.
Some mobile browsers do not allow you to programmatically open a new tab (to protect users from annoying pop-ups).
For this reason, on mobile we recommend navigating the user to the poll in their current tab (this is also the common convention on mobile web, compared to opening a new tab on Desktop).
Embedding the Poll in your App
Our SDK also allows you to easily embed polls in your website or mobile app so the user never has to leave your platform.
When the poll is shared and recipients of the poll tap the link, you can control exactly how the routing works using our advanced deep linking configurations.
- If the user has the app, you can deep link into the app to view the poll.
- If a user doesn't have the app...
- You can send them to the App Store / Play Store, and then they will view the poll after installing ("deferred deep linking")
- Or you can allow them to view the poll on the web (either embedded in your web app or using our hosted web polls with your branding)
Continue to the next section to learn how to embed the poll.